Regardless of your role, this training page organizes practical training resources for you to join the movement in addressing barriers to help-seeking for healthcare providers.
- Healthcare Worker Burnout Training: ~57 minutes training. Hosted by the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Physician Burnout PowerPoint Training: 27 slides. Hosted by the University of Toledo.
- Physician Burnout Infographic: ~1 minute read. Hosted by 3M.
- Healthcare’s Mental Health Crisis White Paper: “Mental health issues are breaking down the healthcare system. Here’s how to fix it”. Hosted by Meru Health.
- A Guide to Promoting Health Care Workforce Well-Being During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic: This guide provides ideas and lessons learned to improve the well-being of the healthcare workforce, including actions that individuals, leaders, and organizations can take to support the healthcare workforce during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Hosted by The Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
- Schwartz Rounds: Offers healthcare professionals a regularly scheduled time during their fast-paced work lives to openly and honestly discuss the social and emotional issues they face in caring for patients and families. Hosted by the Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare.
- Psychological First Aid (PFA) Course for Healthcare Leaders: 5-hour interactive online course that helps participants learn the core actions of PFA and describes ways to apply them in different post-disaster scenarios and with different survivor needs. This course also covers provider well-being before, during, and after disasters. Hosted by The National Child Traumatic Stress Network.
- How Employee Training Can Support Mental Health: ~7 minute read
- Leadership Training Can Improve Mental Health in Healthcare Professionals: ~4 minute read
- Practice Transformation Training: A framework from the American Medical Association that provides guidance to health system leaders on how to create the conditions where joy, purpose and meaning are possible for physicians.
- Interactive Screening Program For Leaders is an online intervention program from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention that medical schools, hospitals, and health systems can sign up to implement as part of their ongoing mental health promotion and suicide prevention efforts.
- The State of Workforce Mental Health in 2023 – Report: This guide dives into findings from surveys of employees and benefits leaders and outlines six action items to foster a mentally healthy workplace. Hosted by Lyra Health.
- Conversation and Action Guide to Support Staff Well-Being and Joy in Work During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic: This guide includes actionable ideas that leaders can quickly test during the coronavirus response, and which can build the longer-term foundation to sustain joy in work for the healthcare workforce. Hosted by The Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
- “Psychological PPE”: Promote Health Care Workforce Mental Health and Well-Being: A downloadable graphic team leaders to reference and use to create the enabling conditions for “Psychological PPE”. Hosted by The Institute for Healthcare Improvement.